So for the last few weeks I have embarked on a more ethical, spiritual skin cleansing routine, as I am trying to cleanse myself from within. The main reason is to get rid of the scarring and the cystic acne I have been suffering with for the last 4 years. I have
- Coconut is renowned for its nourishing nutrients it is rich in
- vitamin C C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6,
- minerals like iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous and natural fatty acids glorious for our skin.
As the skin is our biggest organ, it’s essential we take good care of it. So I decided to utilise this wonderful fruit by making a coconut oil cleanser. I am looking for an ingredient that will plump my skin whilst providing the nourishing hydrating ingredients. I am a firm believer that what we put in our body should work well on our skin! Below are the ingredients I used to make my cleanser
- 200mls coconut milk (the other half went into a thai curry, yum). Coconut milk is rich in vitamin C, copper. Helping maintain elasticity and suppleness.
- 3 Tablespoons honey – honey is renowned for it’s anti inflammatory properties and nutrients, aiding the healing process. Rich in antioxidants beneficial to skin renewal and also gives the skin a healthy glow
- 1 tablespoon castille soap (natural chemical free soap from the oils) – castille soap is a gentle soap that is made from vegetable oils. It does not contain any chemicals and is suitable for vegans. It has antibacterial properties which promote skin healing, it is gentle on skin and can be used with people suffering from eczema.
Mix all 3 ingredients in a bottle and hey presto, your chemical free facial cleanser! Use daily and store in the fridge so your coconut milk does not go rancid. For those with oily skin, adding a bit of bicarbonate of soda during your wash routine will gently exfoliate the dead cells and give you a beautiful radiant complexion.
I use this twice daily and my skin feels soft and smooth, i will continue using it so I can track the improvement of my skin.
I will update this post with results in the next few weeks, until next time…………………..